What's in it for young people?
When you join 4-H, you choose what interests you. Here are some examples of hands-on opportunities:
- exploring science, the environment and nature
- 4-H Adventures in STEM
- 4-H National Youth Science Day
- 4-H FIRST robotics
- starting community service projects
- developing photography or public speaking skills
- learning workforce, business and entrepreneurial management
- caring for animals
You meet new friends, solve problems and make a difference in your neighborhood or even in the world. Click here
to learn how you can join Tolland County 4-H.
Adults like it, too!
Our adult 4-H volunteers enjoy working with young people. They learn positive youth/adult partnership stratigies to help young people reach their full potential. Let us help you match your talents and the time you can contribute to a rewarding experience. We offer content and context volunteer roles in area including but not limited to:
- one day events: ex: Adventures in STEM; Expressive Arts Day or Dairy Beef Day
- short-term projects with national curricula: Click here to view samples of our curriculum at the 4-H mall
- on-going group activities: Afterschool programs and camps
- committee membership: Advisory and Working groups
- club leader: Start and run a club
You’ll get plenty of training and support from the UConn Extension Staff and recognition, too. You will learn new skills and sharpen existing ones while seeing our 4-H youth grow through positive youth development. Click here
for a 4-H Volunteer Application.
According to research by Tufts University, 4-H youth are 25% more likely to contribute to their families, themselves and their communities, and 41% less likely to engage in risky/problem behavior. Make the Best Better.
Click Here to go to the 2017-2018 calendar page
Click Here to go to the events page and learn a little more about upcoming events